Political parties react to budget: Hard to implement

Budget 2010: No relief for middle class

Entertainment: Hugh Jackman met Professor Yunus

Recent Posts

The crowning glory: Grand finale of “Meridian Channel i Khudey Gaan Raaj” tonight..

“Meridian Channel i Khudey Gaan Raaj,” Channel i's musical talent hunt for youngsters, wraps up with a grand finale at Bangabandhu National Stadium tonight. This year's “Khudey Gaan Raaj” promises to go out with a bang, as the finale is most likely to be full of surprises, informed the organisers. Channel i will air the entire show live, starting from 7:30 pm.
With the grand finale just hours away, what are the young contestants thinking? How are they preparing and devising the final strategy that would win the title of 'Khudey Gaan Raaj'?
This correspondent visited 'Shopnopuri,' the official camp of “Khudey Gaan Raaj.” Set up at the Channel i Tejgaon centre, the camp is currently housing the finalists -- Anonna Raj, Tanisha Islam Sheniz, Nusrat Zuhuri Pranti, Apurbo Basona and Raju Ahmed Rana. Nervous and excited, the top five seemed happy enough sharing their plans.
“Tonight is certainly a big night for me,” said Anonna Raj. Anonna is from Rajshahi and is optimistic about winning the title. “Whatever the outcome may be, to be able to make it to the final is a great achievement for me,” said Anonna. “When I grow up I want to be a doctor as well as a singer,” said Anonna, a student of class eight at Govt P.N. Girls High School, Rajshahi.
Tanisha Islam Sheniz is from Sirajganj. Tanisha is a student of standard eight at Sirajganj Collectorate School and College. “Tonight I might feel a little nervous; performing live in front of so many people isn't really something easy. But when I take the stage, I will try to deliver my best,” said Tanisha. Tanisha is grateful to her parents -- AKM Zahurul Islam and Aliza Perveen -- for their continuous support. “I would like to become a doctor and pursue singing as well. I'm interested in fashion designing too,” she said.
Nusrat Zuhuri Pranti is perhaps the youngest of the bunch. She recently turned nine and is a student of Sunflower Kindergarten School. Nusrat is from Brahmanbaria. “I came here to sing,” said Nusrat and I love to see myself on TV,” said young Nusrat. When asked about the grand finale Nusrat said, “I seek guidance from Almighty and hopefully everything will go smoothly.”
Apurbo Bashona is from Jamalpur. She is studying in class three at Holy Mission School and College. “Excited and at the same time very nervous,” said Bashona. “If I win the title, it will be great. If I don't, well, I will still be happy and thank the Almighty for letting me make it to the top,” said Bashona. Bashona wants to study medicine in future.
The fifth finalist is Raju Ahmed Rana. For Raju “Khudey Gaan Raaj” still seems like a dream. Born to a disadvantaged family in Satkhira, Raju used to sing on the streets. He would buy rice with whatever he earned and take that home. “If I didn't sing, we wouldn't have had food for the night,” said Raju. His father Abdul Latif Sardar is a day labourer and his mother, a domestic worker. “Things turned really bad for us when my father suffered a serious injury and was no longer able to work. Desperation forced me to sing on the streets,” said Rana, who is nine years old. “If I win the contest, I will get us a house first. We have no house; we live in a hut. I'll use the rest of the money to go to school,” said Rana.
The winner of “Meridian Channel i Khudey Gaan Raaj” will receive a cash prize of Taka 5 lakh. The first runner up will receive Taka 3 lakh and second runner up will win Taka 2 lakh.
Bangabandhu National Stadium will be open to all for the finale, informed the organisers.

Source: The Daily Star
Date: 10/06/2010

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

2009 ·Shonar Bangla by TNB